Tuesday, December 23, 2003



Pssst....Do you want to know what I'm wearing under my trousers?

It's long and hard and it 's made of plastic....it's my new leg.

As I mentioned yesterday, it's not in its finished state. In a few weeks' time it'll have a proper cover put over the top to replace the temporary ankle piece. It feels great -- it's the perfect Christmas gift!

The new foot is actually an old friend brought back to life. It's the Freedom Innovations foot I had on my first, bulky limb, reattached to a new slimline socket.

I expected it to take a while to get comfortable with the new limb but in fact there was nothing of the sort. I clicked it on, stood up and off I went. The old prosthesis was getting so oversized that even though the new one felt a little unfamiliar at first it only took a few steps to get used to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home