Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Reopening yesterday's posting about pin trading -- it seems some of the athletes are getting in on the act as well.

This from the PA news wire:

Venus Williams has revealed how pin-collecting has become a craze among the US tennis squad.

The pin badges are handed out to competitors and members of the wider Olympic family, including officials and media.

Team-mate Mardy Fish is an avid collector, as are doubles brothers Bob and Mike Bryan, but Venus has scooped them all.

"I don't tell them what I get. And when I do get pins - not all of them, but some of them - they're like sharks," she said.

"They come and they take the pins that I get because I'm smart enough to get more than one of each country so I can trade them off.

"But then if I get four, I have to give all of them one. So it's like I've got to stay away from them when I'm trading. It's so much fun for me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home