Wednesday, September 08, 2004

This e-mail has been sent to Kevin Sullivan, Vice President of Sports Communications at NBC.

Dear Mr Sullivan,

I am a BBC World Affairs journalist and am working on a story about television coverage of the forthcoming Paralympics in Athens.

You may be aware that despite what the US Paralympic Team says have been "repeated attempts" to secure television coverage, the US territory rights for the Athens Paralympics have not been bought.

As a result the Paralympics will be show in almost 40 countries world wide but not in the United States.

Given NBC's massive and hugely successful coverage of the recent Summer Olympics, I would be interested for your network's explanation of why the US Paralympic TV rights have not been bought and what this says about diversity of sports coverage in the US, where 20% of the population has some form of disability.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Yours sincerely,

Stuart Hughes
BBC World Newsgathering

3 Comments:

Blogger gemmak said...

Did you get a reply?....I mailed him yesterday morning and thus far nothing.

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No reply as yet. I'm still waiting.

Stuart

3:18 PM  
Blogger gemmak said...

You and me both....I suspect a long wait!

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home