Sunday, March 20, 2005

A real confidence-boosting day.

Three weeks from now I'll be putting the Cheetah to the test in my first ever 10k run.

Having never taken part in a race when I had two feet, I was more than a little unsure how I'd manage now I have one.

My training programme is paying real dividends, though, and today I managed my longest run so far -- 5 miles from Kew Bridge to Richmond Lock and back again.

Better still, I didn't feel like I was going to collapse and die at the end. In fact, I was still remarkably sprightly.

If I maintain today's pace on race day I should achieve my goal of crossing the line in under an hour.

OK, I'm not going to break any records -- but just getting around the course at all will be a big achievement for me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm searching for information on how to shoot and edit videos for a business idea, when I came upon your blog.This is a great blog you have.
Anyway the only place I've found for my business idea is here basic training video. They have a great course on DVD's but it's little expensive for me at the moment.
I'm definitely going to bookmark you and come back

Regards
Alan

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home