Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions following yesterday's posting.

It became clear from the e-mails I received that the template I was using was, not to put too fine a point on it, a piece of shit.

I have absolutely zero HTML ability, so rather than spending endless hours trying to work out where the problems were, I've gone for the easy option and chucked the old template in the bin.

I've replaced it with one of Blogger's generic templates which, though a tad bland, does all the things it should, eliminating the gaps that showed up with some browsers and restoring the missing archives.

I imagine a lot of people read this blog through news aggregators, so hopefully the bland shopfront shouldn't matter too much.

As always, all feedback is extremely welcome.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

much nicer to read on firefox
not bland just simple

2:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I prefered the old template :( But then again, that might just be me hating Blogger templates anyway.

Just started reading, btw. Like what I see.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Richard Amor Allan said...

I quite like the new template, especially the font! Simplistic yet effective. Maybe the code messing up on the last template was a blessing in disguise!

3:59 PM  
Blogger hockeyshooter said...

Nice clean appearance, Stuart. No problems.

Chris.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home