Monday, August 29, 2005

Should an amputee take exercise asks a correspondent to the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Damn right they should -- and that's why I spent my Bank Holiday Monday competing in the Hart Sprint Duathlon -- a 6k-20k-5k test through the Hampshire countryside.

My excuse for my lowly position in the final rankings is that the cross-country course across farmland put me at a disadvantage. It takes considerably more effort to run on soft and uneven terrain because the Cheetah doesn't return energy anything like as effectively as on a hard surface.

Even so, my cycle was reasonably competitive -- and I did cross the finish line 41 minutes ahead of the back marker!

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

As usual, congratulations. You are making this beer-swilling, fag-smoking Welsh Canuck look bad again!!!!
Seriously looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. Get the "Real" beer on order for me. Really looking forward to a "Vicky" kebab as well!!!

Lots of love to you both

Bro

2:16 AM  
Blogger Guy Jean said...

Well, sheesh! Stop making me feel guilty, willya! I'm a whole-limbed couch-potato. Honestly, tho, I take my hat off to ya, or I would if I could find the remote...

2:03 PM  
Blogger Shola said...

Keep up the training Stu, I'm sure it will pay off in November.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home