Friday, August 05, 2005

SUITS ME, SIR



Three weeks ago I took the lift to the 13th floor of a plush hotel in Kensington.

After knocking politely on the door, I stepped inside and dropped my trousers.

Before you ask....No, I'm not forging a second career as a high-class rent boy.

I was getting measured up for a suit for my wedding.

I'd read about Raja Fashions and the prospect of getting a bespoke suit and custom-made shirts for the same price of an off-the-peg number on the High Street seemed too good not to try.

The garments arrived this week, neatly packed and couriered from Hong Kong.

They're wonderful.

I've never owned a bespoke suit before but it looks and feels as if...er....it was made for me.

Best of all is the embroidered name tag on the inside pocket.

I'll never wear an off-the-peg suit again -- even if I do look a bit like a footballer at a remand hearing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

About the one advantage of getting old is that you no longer have to wear suits or, most especially, ties

12:29 PM  
Blogger Richard Amor Allan said...

See, I've always thought this site was educational, and that posting proved it - I've just had to log onto Dictionary.com to find out what 'bespoke' meant. Thank you Mr Hughes for enriching my vocabulary!

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!
starliz

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stuff your suit - What about the dress?!?!?
Has Aileen sorted it out yet?

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home