Wednesday, September 14, 2005

For reasons I can't explain, the closer I get to my wedding day, the more relaxed I become.

A cynic may say it's the feeling of acceptance that comes over a condemned man who's resigned to his fate.

I prefer to look on it as proof of my conviction that I'm doing the right thing.

More than anything else, Aileen and I want Friday to be as relaxed and informal as possible and because of this the planning has been fairly painless.

The only moment of tension came a couple of days ago, when I was gripped by a wave of panic at the realisation of what we're about to do.

That moment soon passed, though, and now I'm thoroughly looking forward to the big day.

With luck, you'll be able to follow the day right here. I've made some service upgrades and I'm hoping to post a few audioblogs and pictures via Flickr when I'm not gazing into the eyes of my beautiful new bride.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go go go!!!!!

Padraig

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had exactly the same experience two years ago when I got married; just more and more relaxed as the event got closer. Warm feet, not cold feet.

Best wishes to you and Aileen. I hope you're as happy in the years to come as my wife and I are.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Shola said...

All the best for tomorrow, and look forward to some pictures of the lovely bride (it's her day).

12:07 PM  
Blogger R said...

Just wanted to drop out of lurkerdom long enough to wish you both all the best for tomorrow, and the rest of your lives together.

Congratulations, in advance.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home