Thursday, March 27, 2003

Welcome new readers!

I checked the stats on the weblog this evening and nearly fell off my chair. They'd exploded twenty-fold! Something was definitely afoot.
Sure enough, no less an authority than The Guardian has dubbed this site "one of the best of the warblogs" and among "the sites you need to see" in this article:

Conflict of interest: the sites you need to see

Well if the Guardian says it, it MUST be true! Many thanks to Jane Perrone for taking notice and if you're visiting for the first time, you're most welcome and tell your friends.

I was interested to read that CNN's Kevin Sites had been asked to suspend his blog. I must admit the thought of a conflict of interest hadn't really occurred to me since I set this site up primarily to keep in touch with family and friends. Lest there be the slightest whiff of a breach of producer guidelines, though, I guess I should steal Kevin's disclaimer:

Stuart Hughes is a BBC journalist, but this is a personal website not affiliated with, endorsed by, or funded by the BBC. Archives of Stuart's work are available here, and at BBC News Online. Will that do?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home