Sunday, March 07, 2004



One of my most treasured possessions is a Kinky Friedman lucky plectrum.

It was given to me by the Texas Jewboy himself after a show at the Borderline a few years ago, with the guarantee of good fortune within 48 hours. The Kinkster assured me it was the very same pick used by Hank Williams when he wrote "Kawlija" -- and I believe him.

I'm therefore delighted to learn that Kinky is running for Governor of Texas, promising "I will not kiss babies. I'll kiss their mothers."

C&W legends Willie Nelson and Dwight Yoakam have pledged their support and magicians Penn and Teller have promised to make any opponent disappear.

He's a dead cert.

Meanwhile, anyone wishing to stump up the $36 to ordain me as an Honorary Texas Jewboy will earn an eternal place in my heart and a big up on my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home