Wednesday, August 04, 2004

WELCOME TO BNI V3.0!

So here it is....the latest incarnation of Beyond Northern Iraq.

I'm eager to hear your thoughts on the New Look.

I take little personal credit -- the template was shamelessly re-worked from a design by Martijn ten Napel.

The main changes are:
1) Increased Interactivity: I've done away with the old hard-to-find discussion board and replaced it with a comments feature beneath each post. The old message board lives on through a link on the left hand side but purely for nostalgia. So....Read. Comment! Debate!

2) A Cleaner Look: New fonts and subtler colours to make the site easier on the eye.

3) Back To Basics: I've decided that less is more and so I've done away with some of the more extraneous features from the old design. If there's anything you think should be brought back, or removed, let me know.

I think all the links are working as they should but if you find anything broken drop me a line.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though a fan of minimalism and all that.
The background is rather hard on the eye and dare I say it 'girly'. Though there is nothing wrong with a man being girly.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: There seems to be huge gap between the top of the blog page and the first post.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK - your blog can breathe a bit now - good. Gonna need a day or two to consider the 'girly' background. I did notice that when you click to view comments it's replaced by a white background which was my immediate preference... but who know given time. Have you considered using categories? or does Blogger not allow them?

pieman
www.noodlepie.com

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry. I liked the old you better. I used to look forward to it. oh well. I shall still visit your blog every day of course!
starliz

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home