Sunday, September 12, 2004



Still nursing my head after a heavy night at my place with dinner guests Janine and Johnny.

I debuted my new signature cocktail -- the delightfully kitch strawberry daquiri. Just throw 800 grammes of fresh strawbs, half a bottle of white rum, a couple of spoonfuls of sugar, several cupfuls of ice and a healthy glug of cointreau into the blender and blitz until smooth. Tastes like heaven and gets you shitfaced in double-quick time.

The timing was coincidentally apt -- Janine was the person who alerted me to the breaking news on September 11th 2001 (and she still takes great pride in reminding me that it was she, an artist, who broke the news to me, supposedly a journalist.)

We got on to talking about what we'd do if there was a terrorist attack on London.

The "Preparing for Emergencies" leaflet distributed to every home urges the public to "Go In, Stay In, Tune In."

Janine said that her friends wondered whether listening to an iPod counted as "tuning in" in the government's plans.

In times of national emergency a selection of banging tunes is more important than ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home