Thursday, September 09, 2004

When I was in Athens for the Olympics I seemed to spend inordinate amounts of time standing around waiting for shuttle buses to take me between the various venues and the media village.

So for the Paralympics I was wondering whether there were any alternatives.

Sure enough, Pame Volta rent out bicycles at very reasonable rates -- just the thing for commuting to and from my hotel.

I've dropped them a line...although negotiating the Athens traffic on a bike may prove to be suicidal.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, renting a bike would be suicidal. Traffic in Athens is coming back to its chaotic normal, albeit with new roads. Furthermore, I walk a lot and spend an inordinate amount of time helping motorcyclists who have fallen.

That said, perahps your hotel is nearer to the stadium(s) than I think?

Athenian resident.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home