Sunday, October 03, 2004



Apologies etc for the lack of blogging the last few days -- I've been enjoying some post-Paralympics down time, during which I bought a new bike (although it's been too wet to actually ride the thing yet), finished a few books and caught up with a stack of DVDs.

Best of the bunch by far was Supersize Me.

Never has cholesterol been so much fun.

It's a witty, compelling and well-made documentary. What's most telling is that when Morgan Spurlock made the film McDonalds stonewalled him, refusing him an interview. Now, though, the company has a whole website devoted to the film.

Committed film-maker 1. Megacorporation 0.

My other tip of the week is This American Life. I was introduced to the programme by my friend Jen some years ago, so I was delighted to see that it was available as part of my subscription from Audible.

Great stories, beautifully told. It's magical radio.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Supersize Me convinced me to stop eating fast food completely. I've lost 25 pounds in the three months since I saw it. My wife refers to it as my "Scared Straight" movie.

Plus, it's just plain funny.

-ralph

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home