Sunday, May 15, 2005

I didn't just beat my 10k PB this morning at the Leg It For Lifeboats run in Wimbledon -- I spanked its arse.

A flat, fast course, fine conditions and Hal Higdon's training plan came together to knock more than 2 minutes off my time. I went round in 54:25 -- and I'm fairly confident I can shave another minute or so more off before the end of the season.

The only downer of the day was experiencing my first Go Gel, which I gulped down after four and a half miles. I've just bought a box of them. They're akin to swallowing a sachet of tepid snot. I can sympathise now with women who insist on spitting.

Ah well, there's only 29 of them left in the box.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this.. and then I went and looked at the product's website... and now I'm retching. Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeurgh. I could almost say it serves you right for buying THIRTY of the things without trying one first...

On the other hand, NICE ONE on the run; you're putting all us sedentary fatties to shame.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sell 'em on EBay. If a one legged guy can sell one shoe insole - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5566858168&indexURL=3&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

How can you lose?

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home