Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Researchers in the US have
punctuated the fantasy held by the Chelsea Tractor brigade -- that their gas-guzzling, road clogging juggernauts help keep darling little Tarquin and Fifi safe.

The study says that the doubled risk of rollovers cancels out the safety advantages of their greater size.

Anyone who's cycled along roads choked with idiots driving to Sainsburys in two-and-a-half tonne, 22-gallon twatmobiles already knows what a menace they are -- but this latest study gives further ammunition to those seeking a ban on urban 4x4s.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

help keep darling little Tarquin and Fifi safe.

You had me smiling to myself here.

Anyone who's cycled along roads choked with idiots driving to Sainsburys in two-and-a-half tonne, 22-gallon twatmobiles already knows what a menace they are

But here, I just about launched my coffee out of my nose when I read that. It's too bad you can't publish that in the BBC.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Have I told you I'm looking for a new car???? A nice 4x4 would suit me (and the weather) just fine!!!!

HaHa

Steve

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home