Wednesday, July 02, 2003

I've just been buying travel insurance for my holiday in Tuscany in a couple of weeks' time.

Maybe the events of the past few months have left me warped but the policy states that:
"The Medical Emergency Assistance service MUST be contacted as soon as possible in the event of You dying, incurring medical expenses in excess of £500, being involved in an accident, being admitted to hospital, curtailing your trip due to medical reasons or missing your flight due to medical reasons"

Far be it from me to pass judgment on what the dead are capable or incapable of doing but I think it's fair to say that a corpse would find it tricky to make a telephone call.

- "Hello, is that the insurance company?"
- "Yes."
- "Jolly good. I'm just ringing to let you know that I'm dead."

Discuss "Beyond Northern Iraq"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home