Tuesday, September 30, 2003

RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOU'RE STILL ALIVE...


The intercession of a thousand journalists is heard as Vatican officials clarify earlier comments and insist the Pope is no closer to the Next Life than he was 24 hours ago.

A flurry of whispered prayers could be heard in the newsroom this afternoon. Normally unsuperstitious hacks -- most of whom have probably not been inside a church since they were baptised -- could be heard muttering "Please God, don't let him die today. Not before I go on holiday. I swear to you that if you let him see out the week I'll go to church EVERY SUNDAY -- so strike me down if I don't."

And the Good Lord showed mercy unto the sinful journalists, even though he seriously doubted that they would follow the path of righteousness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home