Monday, March 22, 2004

WHOOPS...I DID IT AGAIN



I should have learned my lesson last time.

Over the weekend I made a return visit to the inappropriately named Affordable Art Fair -- and my new babies have just been delivered to my door.

The last time I went I came back with a Louise Braithwaite painting which I've only just managed to pay off.

But I'm a sucker for the smooth sales patter of the art dealers. Before I could say "I don't know much about art but I know what I like" I was the proud owner of an oil by the illustrator Andrew Dillon entitled "The Improbable Launch of Big Fish."

This is it -- it makes me grin with contentment every time I look at it -- especially the sign in the top right hand corner saying "Giant Killer Squid Awareness Week" (see more of Andrew Dillon's work here.)

I also bagged a couple of large photographs of hawthorns printed onto canvas by Paul Tucker.

The only question now is where to put the damned things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home