Tuesday, September 14, 2004

An early indication that this job (the Paralympics) may not be quite like any I've ever worked on before.

I arrived back at my hotel after dinner just as one of the correspondents I'll be working with, Peter White (who's blind), was checking in.

I helped him drag his bags up to his room.

"Hang on a second," I said as he unlocked the door and I stumbled into his unlit room, "Let me just find the light switch."

"Tsk, what d'you want lights for?" he joked.

"Sorry Peter," I replied, "but you're just going to have to be patient with my needs."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-) :-) :-)

This reminds me of an old Cambodian tale of two men: one could not walk but had good vision and the other was blind but he was strong and had good legs. Both had needs and only them two could help one another. So the one who was blind agreed to let the one who could not walk ride on his shoulders as his guide. Life for them went well except that when they stumped into a deep running river.

The point is don't let anybody steal your leg, okay Mr. Blogger? :-)

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home