Friday, October 22, 2004



Some time ago I contributed an interview to Blogumentary, a doc being made by Minneapolis-based film-maker Chuck Olsen.

It was a great example of how digital video is revolutionising film-making. Chuck e-mailed me a list of questions and I set up my PD-150 and answered them as though he was sitting there opposite me -- when in fact I was talking to a blank wall and Chuck was the other side of the Atlantic. Then I digitised the interview, burned it onto disc, sent it to the USA, and Chuck dropped the sections he wanted to use into the movie.

On November the 5th, Blogumentary will get its world premiere at the City Pages Get Real Documentary Film Festival in Minneapolis.

Chuck writes:

"Blogs, and the entire mediascape, have changed quite a bit since I started making this film two years ago. BLOGUMENTARY takes you on a tour through the history of blogs and media, all the way up to blogs’ role in the downfall of Trent Lott, the rise of Howard Dean, and Dan Rather’s forged memo debacle.

"Along the way you’ll meet some interesting people who’ve used blogs to connect to others and even save lives. All of this and more, with me as your wacky tour guide.

"For those not in Minnesota, I'm submitting the film to festivals around the globe starting next month. Hopefully, the citizen media revolution will hit a big screen near you during the next year!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Olsen said...

When I show people this clip they often say, "Wow, you went to England huh?" Everyone is amazed at how engaged you are with that blank wall.

And I hope one day I'll crash through that blank wall and we can share a pint!

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home