Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Reopening this posting, my prosthetic technician Andrew Palmer (pictured left) e-mails to say that amputee fell running does exist.

Andrew, who's an amputee and marathon runner, completed the gruelling Snowdon Race in 2002 in a time of 1:57:10.

Andrew writes "I ran it on my Modular III foot.

"It is quite firm and a good foot for cross country and multi-terrain.

Running 5 miles down a mountain on a Cheetah would be terrifying!"


Looks like I'll be needing yet another addition to my prosthetic collection.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you (and other marathon amputee runners) protect your residual limb from the stress of long-distance running? Isn't there the potential for bone fractures/breaks to the stump and/or damage to the skin area? Is it worth the risk--apparently it is.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home