Saturday, August 19, 2006

Am I chuffed or what?

The threatened rain stayed away and despite the challenging North Atlantic headwind I completed the Reykjavik Half Marathon in an unofficial time of 1:57:09.

As I was aiming for 2:10 or less, coming in well below 2 hours has exceeded all my expectations.

Perhaps it was the gods of the Icelandic sagas helping me along, or maybe just the support of the other runners and the crowd in what was definitely the most enjoyable race I've taken part in.

More photos to follow tomorrow. Now, it's time to get ready to enjoy the infamous Reykjavik nightlife.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Congratulations on doing so well!

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw you coming across the finish-line. Well done. Hope you enjoyed the nightlife....

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on making it across the finish line... and in such a good time!
what I do find interesting is how you could make your mark on the nightlife after 'owning' the PR for the Marathon. Now how did the Icelandic paparazzis treat you?
Any pictures of you dancing on tables with Paris Hilton that we still haven't seen?

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home