Thursday, September 21, 2006

In just a few weeks my house will be filled with the sound of a wailing newborn and the smell of baby powder and shit.

In anticipation of the new arrival, Dad and I have spent this week turning my spare room into a nursery.

I must confess that the sight of the finished room -- with its baby blue walls, cot and soft toys, brought a lump to my throat.

But I'm sure a few sleepless nights will soon get rid of that rosy glow of anticipation.

This weekend, Aileen and I are off to our first NCT antenatal class.

Suddenly, it has all become very real.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris Hughes said...

> Suddenly, it has all become very real.

Dude you have't seen anything real just yet. Wait until you bring that screaming bundle of joy home. Now _that's_ real! :-)

Congrats from the Texas Hughes' Clan.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! Those first months are hard but wonderful all at the same time.

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its only just begun.
starliz

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that cord from the window blind sufficiently out of the way? Babies strangle on this things all the time.

(Anyway, it brings back happy memories of my two boys, now in their late 30's.)

Best.

3:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But what's hammer-wielding Grandpa Hughes got planned for that duck?!

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, I shouldn't have left that anonymous. It seems so suspicious.
It was me, Alex Lemon!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home