Tuesday, November 21, 2006

He's official.

This morning I cycled over to Hammersmith Registry Office (any excuse to get out of the house and get on my bike for a quick thrash) and picked up Billy's birth certificate.

Now he's an official member of the human race the state will doubtlesly come after him for taxes and unpaid parking fines.

As for me, I'm still buzzing with the honey-coated euphoria of fatherhood despite the sleep deprivation.

As I pedalled along the Thames Path from Kew to Hammersmith in the crisp morning sunshine, the river sweeping along next to me and KT Tunstall's excellent acoustic album on the iPod, I found myself grinning uncontrollably.

When I got back home I asked Aileen how she was finding motherhood -- the long and painful labour, the endless feeds, the cries and yelps of a newborn.

"It's absolutely fantastic," she replied.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stu, glad to hear that you are doing well. I enjoyed the photos. Also glad to hear that your son is now officially an Englishman.

Best wishes to you and Ails.

Rod.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Stuart said...

Rod,

He may have an English place on his birth certificate but beneath his babygro beats the heart of a Welshman.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home